Saturday, February 18, 2017

Week 1

This week, I finished my personal directing experience with 7th graders at BASIS. We put on "Alice in Wonderland" for the students' family and friends after several months of rehearsal. Our small class was responsible for organizing the various components of a successful production and all of the students did a fantastic job. It was an honor to work with them. Several weeks from now, I plan on surveying the class to begin collecting data on the middle school age group for my study.

I also started observing a 5th grade choir class as they start rehearsing for a musical about summer camp. The 5th graders will be the youngest age group incorporated into the project; I intend to survey them about their acting at some point in the future.

Finally, I began reading the first of several source materials for the project: On the Technique of Acting by Michael Chekhov. Chekhov's theories will serve as the informative foundation of my project by providing me with a specific conceptualization of how the character creation process fits into acting as a larger activity.

See you next week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment